At the beginning of the year, I made some goals for my reading and blogging. I forgot to do a check in midway through the year, so I kind of forgot about them. But as I was preparing for next year, I wanted to look back and see how well I did. Maybe I naturally gravitated towards these goals? Let’s see!
- Read and clean up the assortment of books on my bookshelves (including books that are boxed up). Didn’t happen. I did go through the boxes and purged some books – a lot of books. But I still have way too many unread books on my shelves.
- Read and clean up my review stacks. Didn’t even make a dent in the backlog of review books
- Catch up on series that I’ve already started. I did make progress on this goal. I finished 6 series, made progress with 5 series.
Series I’ve Finished:
The Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong
The Croak series by Gina Damico
The White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter
Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
The Adventures of Finn MacCullen by Darby Karchut
The Stars Never Rise Duology by Rachel Vincent
- Post a review once a week. I didn’t do this. Some weeks were better than others. But this was a fail.
- Post a monthly recap by the 3rd of the following month. I did better with this goal, especially towards the end of the year.
- Post a monthly focus (TBR) post. I stopped doing these and decided to just read at random.
Back in November, I decided to do Bi-monthly goals. To save time I will only talk about the goals that I accomplished, since I will not be continuing them in the new year.
Do a weekly #FridayReads post-> I have been doing this, every week. I like it and sometimes this is the only post that goes up. I will continue this one.
Do a brief wrap up at the end of each month-> I have also been doing this one. This takes up a little more time, so I may do a bi-monthly wrap up so that the posts aren’t so long.
Accurately track books read and completed to see how many books I’m reading in a month-> I have been doing this. I read 9-10 books a month without pushing to do more.
- Read more books from my bookshelf, including my kindle. I would like to reduce the number of books I get from my library to 50%, only so that I can read more from my own stacks of books.
- Read 12 challenge books (Classics, Banned Books and/or 1001 Books to Read Before you Die)
- Complete 10 series or trilogies
This year I plan on doing a quarterly check in on my goals so that I can stay focused and not wait for the end of the year to come before I do a check in.